A super delicious and EASY Mexican recipe – full of all your favorite fajitas flavors, but in a cheesy casserole. Yum. This chicken fajita bake can be made in one pan from stovetop to oven.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, or breasts cut into 1” to 2″ pieces
- 4 bell peppers, sliced (vary the colors to make it pretty!)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 recipe of our: Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix, or 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- optional: garnish with avocado or guacamole, sour cream, salsa. For spicy lovers add heat with hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Over medium heat, saute the chicken in olive oil until chicken is done. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
- Add chicken back to pan and stir in taco seasoning, sour cream, and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Serve and enjoy! This is really good topped with avocado, guacamole, sour cream, or salsa. Yum.
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 439mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 162mg
Keywords: Chicken Fajitas Bake (Low Carb and Keto), Chicken Fajitas Bake, Chicken