Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake the perfect blueberry dessert for spring and summer! Made with a moist lemon cake dotted with juicy blueberries, blueberry cheesecake and sweet and tangy lemon cream cheese frosting. It’s two delicious desserts – lemon blueberry cake and delicious blueberry cheesecake – packed in one amazing treat! You should check my Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake, too!
How to Make the Lemon Blueberry Cake Layer
Layers of Lemon Blueberry Cake are so moist and soft. This is tender butter cake lightened with a hint of fresh lemon juice and lemon zest, speckled with juicy blueberries. It is sweet and tart, perfect for spring and summer dessert.
Actually, this cake is so delicious and perfect for all seasons and all events. However, I’m telling you, it’s perfect. And it will be showstopper dessert every single time. Yet, it’s simple cake. Although, the list of ingredients and instructions for this Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake may look long and discouraging, it’s so easy to make.
How to Make the Blueberry Cheesecake Layer
Lemon Blueberry Cake frosted with a tangy sweet lemon cream cheese frosting taste delicious on its own, but addition of Blueberry cheesecake layer in the middle makes truly showstopper dessert!
Blueberry cheesecake packed with fresh summer blueberries is so tasty. This cheesecake is made with pureed berries. Although, I never tried it before, it turned out surprisingly well and made so pretty color.
How to Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
Silky cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch. Smooth and creamy, speckled with lemon zest this frosting taste like spreadable cheesecake. Just make sure to use full-fat brick style cream cheese or you might end with a thin and runny frosting.Print
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake the perfect blueberry dessert for spring and summer! Made with a moist lemon cake dotted with juicy blueberries, blueberry cheesecake and sweet and tangy lemon cream cheese frosting.
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- 16 oz. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk- room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Lemon Blueberry Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- 1 and 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups blueberries- fresh (if use frozen do not thaw)
- 3–4 teaspoons of flour- to toss the blueberries
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 12 oz. full-fat brick style cream cheese- softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter-softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ –4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- lemon wedges
- fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 8-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Wrap springform pan in double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil to prevent water from leaking in during the baking in a water bath.
- To make the cheesecake pulse blueberries and cream cheese in a food processor, then transfer the mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and flour and beat until smooth and creamy. Mix in vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at the time mixing after each addition just to combine, do not over mix.
- Finally mix in sour cream and heavy cream. Pour the batter into springform pan and smooth the top, then place in a roasting pan. Pour boiling water in roasting pan halfway up the side of the springform pan and make sure no water drip on the batter and bake 40-45 minutes or until the center has set.
- Remove springform pan from water bath, then run a thin knife around the cake and cool to a room temperature, then place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to cool completely.
Lemon Blueberry Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F, butter and lightly flour two 8-inches round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper circles.
- Sift together 2 cups flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Stir together milk and lemon juice and set aside to curdle.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium-high until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- With the mixer running on low, add eggs one at a time and mix after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- First add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then add half of the milk mixture, then 1/3 of the flour mixture, then remaining milk mixture milk, and finish with the flour mixture. Mix to combine after each addition, but do not over mix.
- In a small bowl, gently toss blueberries with flour to coat, then gently fold blueberries into batter, being careful not to break the berries.
- Divide batter evenly between pans, smooth the top and bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool the cakes in the pans for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until no lumps remain. Do not over beat before the sugar was added or may end up with a runny frosting.
- Add vanilla, salt and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until desired sweetness and thickness is reached. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat until smooth.
Assembling the Cake:
- Place one layer of cake onto serving plate and top with thin layer of lemon cream cheese frosting. Place blueberry cheesecake layer and top with thin layer of frosting. Finally, top with second cake layer and frost cake with remaining frosting. Decorate with lemon wedges and fresh blueberries if desired. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before cutting or else the cake may fall apart as you cut.
- Store in the fridge.
You can make the cake layers and cheesecake layer a day ahead. Cool completely to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight. The next day make the frosting and assemble the cake.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake