Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
These Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins are smaller than usual frittata made with bacon, onions, cheese, and spinach. Always a breakfast fave!
When I was following a low carb diet, I ate a lot of eggs. To be sure, one of my favorite meals was a simple egg and bacon frittata. In addition to the way that it was easy to make, but it was filling thus good. I never felt like I was eating “diet nourishment”.
It almost feels unrealistic. Like how might I have the option to lose weight eating such yummy nourishment? However, it happens!
Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
This week, I chose to make frittatas, but on a smaller scale. I arranged a gathering of these Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins for breakfast and they were astonishing! They had all my frittata favorites like bacon, onion, and cheese and I incorporated some spinach for an additional kick of color (and iron). I used fresh newborn child spinach, but you could also use solidified spinach if you like. Just ensure you squeeze out all the additional water before blending it in. If you required it to be a veggie lover recipe, disregard the bacon, but try to add some oil or butter to the onions when you cook them. The sky is the limit when creating unique ways to make egg muffins. You can for all intents and purposes use any ingredient you like. I’ve made them a variety of ways depending on what I had in the house.
How to Make Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
- They are super easy to whip for a brisk and delicious low carb breakfast.
- Start by spraying a muffin container with cooking spray.
- Beat together the eggs. Include the shredded cheese and stir.
- In a griddle, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for around 10 minutes. Add the spinach and stir to join. Cook for an additional 3 minutes until the spinach wilts. Expel from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach blend to the egg blend and stir. Scoop the blend into the muffin skillet. Be mindful so as to not stuff.
- Heat for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Expel from the broiler and let cool for 5 minutes before evacuating the egg muffins.
- To easily loosen, use a butter knife to lose the sides of the muffins and afterward tenderly expel with a fork.
These Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins are a mini frittata made with bacon, onions, cheese and spinach. Always a breakfast fave!
- 12 eggs
- ½ large onion, chopped
- cooking spray
- 6 to 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups of spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray cooking spray in a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs. Add the shredded cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stove, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add in spinach and stir to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Add spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Ladle the egg mixture into a muffin pan being careful to not overfill the muffin cups. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan. I found it easy to loosen the sides of the muffins with a butter knife and then gently remove them with a fork.
- Category: BREAKFAST
Keywords: Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins