Stuffing Sausage Balls are an easy appetizer with all of the flavors of the season. Cheese, sausage, bacon, and stuffing are rolled together for one perfect bite!
The holidays have a lot of big family meals where everyone gets together and celebrates, and I love that, but what I look forward to the most are the small little gatherings that take place between the big events. The little gatherings of friends where we play games, exchange gifts, and eat simple finger foods, like these amazing Stuffing Sausage Balls.
The big events during the holidays are so much fun, but they can be kind of stressful, so for these smaller get-togethers I try to keep it simple. I serve bite-sized appetizers that are quick and easy to make like my Stuffing Sausage Balls. I can buy all of my ingredients on my weekly trip to Giant Foods and the recipe uses a few simple hacks that take all of the pressure off of me. Not to mention they are totally delicious!!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE STUFFING SAUSAGE BALLS:
- Jimmy Dean®Refrigerated – Roll Sausage – This sausage is perfect for breakfast, appetizers, and main dishes. It’s fresh, high-quality pork sausage made with a unique, savory blend of Jimmy Dean® signature spices. You can find it in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- Wright®Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon – You know by now how much I LOVE bacon and this is thick cut, hand-trimmed, with a great wood smoked flavor. You’ll also find this in the refrigerated aisles of your grocery store.
- Stuffing– These sausage balls can be made with any stuffing. I like to freeze my leftover Apple Pecan Stuffing from Thanksgiving to use to make my Stuffing Sausage Balls. If you don’t have leftovers, you can also use store-bought stuffing. The stuffing will be completely cooked before adding it to the sausage ball mixture.
- Cheddar Cheese– Everything is better with cheese and these sausage balls are no different. It also helps to bind the sausage balls together.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFING SAUSAGE BALLS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the Wright®Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon. Tip: Cook all of your bacon at the same time by cooking it in the oven! Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. When you’re done, remove your bacon and let the grease cool on the aluminum foil. Once it solidifies, roll up the foil and throw it away. Easy!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the Jimmy Dean®Refrigerated – Roll Sausage, fully cooked bacon, fully cooked stuffing, and cheese in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into balls; approximately 1 heaping tablespoon each.
- Place sausage balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Stuffing Sausage Balls are an easy appetizer with all of the flavors of the holidays. Cheese, sausage, bacon, and stuffing are rolled together for one perfect bite!
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Refrigerated – Roll Sausage
- 8 slices Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked and diced
- 6 ounces Dry Stuffing Mix, prepare according to instructions
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine sausage, cooked bacon, cooked stuffing, and cheese in a large bowl. Mixing until thoroughly combined.
Roll into balls, approximately 1 heaping tablespoon each. Make sure to pack the balls tightly so they hold together as they bake.
Place sausage balls on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Calories: 88kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: HOLIDAY APPETIZER, SAUSAGE BALLS